Friday, May 17, 2013

Books-The Best

I don’t remember when I started my affair with the books. Was it when I was a small girl reading all my school books before the year began? Or was it as a teenager who devoured Archie comics? Or was it as a young nymph who got lost in the world of Mills & Boon? Or as an aspirant who read Lee Iacocca and Gandhiji’s experiments for inspiration? Or when I got older and the world seemed to get uglier and hence I turned to God! I really don’t know. But as it happens, I read and read and got hooked to the printed letter. The printed letter was not just a printed letter for me. It was my personal aeroplane which took flight with my imaginations into Harry Potter’s world or into Rama’s Vanvaas. Or with Holly and Gerry in P.S. I Love You; or sometimes roamed the underbelly of Mumbai’s underworld in “Shantaram”!
I don’t remember but I’m glad for the books that kept me company when my heart was aching; made me laugh when I was sad; made me cry when I didn’t want to…
BOOKS! Thank God for the BOOKS!

A post by Shefali Arvind.

No comments:

Post a Comment